woensdag 2 juli 2008

Entre Nous

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Family and friends, a nice meal ... these are a few of my favourite things! Yesterday evening seemed to be a perfect moment for those favourites (is there a moment when it isn't?!). After an interview for work it was time for a nice meal. Alex, the photographer, arranged a table in the garden of a brandnew restaurant in Leuven.


Entre Nous provided a sun above our heads, shirping of birds, a warm breeze and some really nice, wonderfull, tastefull, classic but surprising food. A Martini Rosso opened the dinner and prepared my taste buds for the promising food to come. And the food did fulfil the expectations.

The scallops melted almost on my tongue, but with still just enough bites. The mangodressing completed the more salty taste of the sea fruit. After a pause which took just long enough my ossobucco oriëntale was served: a dish my mother forced me to eat more than I liked when I was a kid, but pleased my taste experience more than good. The meat was tender and full of taste, the couscous slight salty, the vegetables perfectly cooked. The Côte du Rhône Alex picked fitted ... well, again perfectly. It was a wine with a full and complex taste. I like.

It's no surprise that when I arrived home I was feeling very happy: a fun evening, nice conversations - a bit laughter, a bit of the serious talking -, really delicious food, golden glows on the tree leaves, friendly service. I don't need much more.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

You make me happy: bedankt voor je comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...